Lights, Camera, Action! 10 Reasons to Add Video to Your Content Marketing Plan.
Why are online marketers spending so much time and effort producing and delivering video content?
According to the Content Marketing Institute (CMI), your audience is 10 times more likely to engage, embed, share, and comment on your video content than blogs or related social posts. What are some other reasons?
Easier and Less Expensive to Produce:
High-quality video can be captured easily on an affordable digital video camera or even on your smart phone, and the cost of easy-to-use video editing software has dropped dramatically. Marketers no longer need slick, professional videos as consumers are preferring “real” content in many instances.
Easier to Consume:
Whether you have kids or not, you’ve likely seen for yourself how easy it is for consumers to access and view video content, especially on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
Whether you are looking at click-through rates on e-mails, conversion rates on landing pages, or increased engagement on social media, including video performs well across the board.
Still not Convinced?
In a Forbes Magazine article, Matt Bowman, Owner of Thrive Internet Marketing, gathers and presents these compelling reasons to add video to your content marketing mix.
- 1. Video is projected to claim more than 80% of all web traffic by 2019.
- 2. Adding a video to marketing emails can boost click-through rates by 200-300%.
- 3. Embedding videos in landing pages can increase conversion rates by 80%.
- 4. 90% of customers report that product videos help them make purchasing decisions.
- 5. According to YouTube, mobile video consumption grows by 100% every year.
- 6. 64% of customers are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video about it.
- 7. 87% of online marketers are currently using video content in their digital marketing strategies.
- 8. A third of the time people spend online is dedicated to watching videos.
- 9. Video ads now account for more than 35% of all ad spending online.
- 10. Digital marketing expert James McQuivey estimates that a single minute of video content is the equivalent of 1.8 million words.
How can you use video effectively?
There are some great examples out there –
- Create video blog posts containing auto maintenance tips.
- Take a video tour of your facility and keep it on your website.
- Video introductions about your shop, or even a video introducing each member of your staff.
- Testimonials from happy customers.
Who Else Uses Video Effectively?
I am sure there are others out there… Is it your company? Let us know if you see other companies out there using video in a creative way. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts or questions.
The audience is out there waiting to consume your content, whether it’s on your website, social media, or blog. Don’t be intimidated by the technology – start by simply grabbing your smart phone and capturing repair progress, testimonials, or even some fun stuff around the shop. Break a leg!